Every community on earth has something that only the insiders will understand. And everyone outside of the community is always confused by until they choose to learn.
Anime is no different, especially since it’s based on Japanese culture which is nothing like other cultures around the world.
Here are things ONLY anime fans will understand about anime!
1. Jigglypuffs that defy gravity
3. HENCH kids
5. Girls PUNCHING guys in the name of comedy
6. Guys punching GIRLS in the name of comedy
7. SHUT-IN Otaku Neets (not in education or employment)
8. CAT girls
9. Wolf Girls
10. Characters who are born with every hair color in the rainbow
11. CUTE Idols
12. Characters doing “wrestling moves” on animals
13. IMPOSSIBLY Cute kids
14. RACOON girls
15. Characters in Kimonos
16. Teenage Magical Girls
17. Cliche harems with “dense” characters
18. Inspirational anime speeches that drag on forever
19. That ONE rival who’s always angry at the protagonist
20. That ONE anime girl who’s “waifu” material
21. Experiencing Japanese culture through the lens of anime
And the list goes on and on…. Anime is unique for a reason.
This post is mostly sarcasm, but unlike other mediums, you don’t get to see any of this stuff in regular TV shows or western films.
That’s because the animation allows anime to do things other mediums can’t.
Plus Japanese culture is different, so it helps anime stand out from the crowd!
I’m the Founder of Anime Motivation.
The 1st anime I watched was Dragon Ball Z. Followed by Claymore, Inuyasha, Attack On Titan, and the rest as they say is “history”.