Let’s break them down for you:
- Action Figures.
- PVC Statues.
- Nendoroid Figures.
- Mini Figures.
Now let’s dive into each product type and describe the differences. As well as what you can expect from each one…
Many also come with different body parts that you can attach and re-attach. Giving you control and flexibility over each unique Anime character.
In a way, Anime
If you’re the type of Anime fan who:
- Wants full control over your figurine.
- Wants an Anime figure with customization options.
- Prefers a “realistic” looking figurine that matches it’s original Anime character. 100%.
Then you’re better off buying action figures when shopping online. As they’re the most flexible type of figurine. And one of the largest.
2. Anime Accessories
And anything else similar to Anime Accessories.
If price is your concern, this will do the job for you. Allowing you to support your favorite Anime shows on a budget.
3. Anime PVC Statues
PVC Statues, or PVC Figures, are stationery Anime figures.
They have no additional facial expressions, body parts, or customization options. And aren’t able to move their body parts (except in rare cases). Unlike
While that’s true, there’s a benefit to buying PVC Statues….
- A very high quality made with different materials.
- The largest type of Anime figures you can buy. Some are as large as 16 inches. About the same size as a standard laptop computer screen.
If you’re the type of Anime fan who:
- Wants something simple.
- Would love a figurine with it’s own stand/base.
- Prefers larger Anime figurines.
- Doesn’t mind spending more money (higher price range).
Then Anime PVC Statues is your best bet. They’re the largest of their type. And they’re made with different materials compared to
You may prefer how a PVC figure feels compared to an action figure, for example.
Here are the benefits of buying
- Small size. Convenient if you’re running out of shelf space. Or you don’t have much space to fit figurines.
- Kawaii. 😉
- Comes with unique designs, accessories, action poses and body parts.
- Cheaper than Anime action figures and PVC Statues.
Because these figures are crunched down in size, they look and feel different to usual
They’re great if you’re on a budget, or want something more adorable-looking.
5. Mini Figures
Mini figures are different to
Mini figures are designed differently, and are the smallest type of Anime figures you can buy.
Also, they may or may not have additional facial expressions, accessories or customization options.
Here are the benefits of buying mini Anime figures…
- The smallest of their kind. That means you’ll have plenty of shelf space for them.
- Bundles. Some mini figures come bundled with other figures that are related.
- Cheap! Along with
Nendoroidfigures, they’re the cheapest figures you’ll find. Both online and offline.
- Simple. There’s no extra parts or accessories to mess with usually. So what you see is what you get.
The main benefit of Anime clothing is price.
If you’re on a budget, Anime clothing will almost always satisfy your desires. And it’s an economical way of supporting your favorite Anime shows.
As well as Anime retailers who contribute to the Anime industry as a whole.
How to spot fake Anime
- Always look at the package your
merchandisecomes in if you purchase it. It should have an official logo from it’s distributor. Eg – “Max Factory”.
- Take a look at the official manufacturers website before purchasing (if you’re concerned). The original manufacturer will list everything the action figure includes. Such as parts, accessories, etc.
- Also look at the original images provided by the manufacturer. And compare it to the website you’re buying from.
- Avoid online marketplaces. eBay and Amazon are swimming with fake sellers selling fake Anime
merchandise. Especially when those sellers are located in places like China.
- If it looks to good to be true, then it probably is. Meaning – if the price of A T Shirt is around Â£30, and you find it for £3, it’s most definitely a scam. And you should avoid it.
- Look at the product description. What does it say? How is the product described? What information is shared? More information is more likely to be genuine. Especially if it’s detailed and useful.
Other Things To Consider When Buying Anime
- Does the retailer make it clear who manufacturers their products?
- If they do, is it easy to confirm?
The reason this is important is because – if you can’t find out, it’s hard to tell if you’re buying official Anime
Official anime Merchandise always comes from official manufacturers, businesses and creators. Usually from Japan or the USA.
Here’s a sample of the official Anime manufacturers.
Design And Features
- Is it easy to make a purchase?
- Is the website secure? (SSL Encryption)
- Does the website protect your credit card and personal information?
- Does the
designof the website look modern or up to date?
Why is this information important?
Because if an Anime store can’t take care of their website
That kind of thing is important when shopping online. Especially when buying merchandise.
If you have a request for something to make things more convenient for you, please share your thoughts with me!
How To Protect Your Anime Figures
1. Avoid too much sunlight
If your Anime figures take in too much sunlight, it’ll wear out and damage your toys.
It’s true most figures today, especially new figures are well-made compared to older figurines. But even so it’s best to avoid too much direct sunlight shining on your figures.
2. Room Temperature
Where you place your figures will determine how long they’ll last. Too much heat (a hot room) will damage your Anime statues and
The damage might not be “terrible” in so many words, but it won’t be as
3. Use a microfiber cloth, or something similar.
These cloths are great for cleaning your figurines and mini figures. They’ll get rid of any dust, grime, or moisture attached to your Anime figures. Keeping your figurines fresh and spotless.
A general brush might also help as well.
4. Avoid dusty environments
This sometimes can’t be helped. If you keep your figures on a book shelf for example, it may accumulate dust over time. But do your best to avoid dusty environments with lots of moisture.
By following the information above, you’ll have no problem shopping online for Anime
Stay tuned for more Anime related content soon to come!
Related Post: Top 15 Anime Manufacturers Who Sell Figures and Merch
Want to download the FREE extended version of this article?
Anime Motivation may receive a commission as an affiliate, at no additional cost to you.