2020 is only around the corner especially now that Christmas isn’t far off.
With that in mind – I ran a poll on Reddit for anime predictions we can expect to see in 2020. Whether it’s for the industry or anime itself.
Here are the results of the predictions post, and what anime fans think will happen!
2020 Anime Predictions:
1. The Shirobako Movie will be “anime of the year”
Shirobako has a good reputation for what it tackles in the anime industry. And one prediction is based on how well the new movie will perform.
2. Studio SHAFT will shine in 2020
In the redditors own words:
“Shaft will do a great job on Magia Record and the other anime they announce and the people who announced their death will be proven wrong. Hopefully they’ll also announce March Comes in like a Lion S3 and more Monogatari(though there’s a rumour March will be announced this December along with the new volume of the manga).”
3. Attack on Titan Season 4 will have a rushed production
“Attack on Titan Season 4 will have a rushed production and go through the chapters quickly. WIT Studio will not return. I really hope this isn’t the case as I love this anime.”
4. Pluto will be amazing and in the talks for AOTY 2020
5. Oregairu S3
“Oregairu S3 will add some anime only scenes and be a good adaptation overall but will split the fanbase (90% will like it and 10% will hate it) with the ending.”
6. Jujutsu Kaisen will be popular around Kaguya-Sama level
7. more mature anime adaptations for older manga
8. We will see more sequel seasons for shows that didn’t have any for a while
9. Mushoku Tensei will be the next big Isekai (as popular Shield Hero)
10. Gleipnir will be talked about for no more than 2 weeks
11. Act Age, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Chainsaw Man will be a Shonen Jump trio
12. Disney buys Japan, China buys Disney
13. More and more of anime will get acquired by the Chinese
14. I believe we would see hundreds of “new” isekai
15. Summer 2020 will be the season of the “gyaru”
16. Haruhi will get a 3rd season
17. Railgun season 3 will be “anime of the year”
“Railgun T will be AOTY with surprisingly good animation at JC Staff’s very best and a very well done plot. To Aru will become as big of a name as AOT in r/anime by the end of 2020.”
18. Isekai will continue to dominate the scene
19. Original anime will suffer from another bleak year like 2019
20. Otome game Isekai will probably be a new trend
21. The economic market for anime will experience sharp decline
22. We’re gonna get a mainstream Chinese anime
Source: Reddit @TheoJEllis (My poll for Anime Motivation).
I’m the Founder of Anime Motivation.
The 1st anime I watched was Dragon Ball Z. Followed by Claymore, Inuyasha, Attack On Titan, and the rest as they say is “history”.