Why is it
Goku is pure hearted, kind, caring, compassionate, and empathetic. He’s the type to always put his life on the line for the sake of peace.
But what if that’s the reason Vegeta is a better father than Goku? This is an ongoing question among some fans in the
Here are 3 Reasons Why Fans Believe Vegeta Is A Better Father Than Goku.
1. Goku’s always training or fighting
If you follow Goku from the beginning of
And if he’s not training, he’s fighting 1 bad guy or another. Like when he flew off to fight Frieza on Namek behind Chi Chi’s back.
Because of this, Chi Chi is the one who raised Gohan throughout most of the series.
The only exception is whatever happened between the end of Dragon Ball (after Goku Marries Chi Chi) and the beginning of
2. Goku’s obsession with fighting overshadows his role as a parent
One time after the Buu Saga, Bulma and Vegeta headed out to meet Goku. Only to find him training with Goten.
And Bulma mentions how it’s been almost 5 years since they’ve spoken, because Goku’s always to busy training.
Even though Goku is a Saiyan like Vegeta, he’s even more obsessed with fighting and training than Vegeta is.To the extent that it overshadows his role as a parent in the series.
Goku’s role towards Gohan and Goten has mostly been teaching them how to fight. Either just before a fight or in the middle of a fight.
Other than that, the role of parent is left in the capable hands of his wife – Chi Chi.
3. Goku dies a couple of times throughout the series
Goku died fighting Raditz. Then he died fighting Cell.
Both times he was unable to see any of kids or train with them as freely as he could have if alive.
How this compares to Vegeta
- Though Vegeta disregarded Trunks as a baby in the cell saga, he made big changes in the pre-Buu saga.
- Vegeta spends more time with Bulma and Trunks in general as a family.
- In some ways, Vegeta is more responsible as a parent than Goku. Despite Vegeta’s attitude sometimes.
Even though Goku may have his flaws, no one can deny he’s a good father at heart.
And that’s why Goku is still and always has been loved by the