What would life look like through the eyes of an anime character?
And what would be different? Would it make life better for all of us in the real world?
Over on Quora, an anime fan asked this question. And so, we answered it.
The answer (at the moment) has over 500+ up-votes plus, comments. So I decided to share it with you on the Anime Motivation blog.
I’ve added some extra points to extend it as well.
Let’s get started with the post, then! (and the sarcasm)
21 Things That Would Happen If Our World Became An Anime
1. There’d be no need for make-up
Anime girls are beautiful the way they are already. Without the need for make-up.
So if anime was real, girls would have no need for make-up. And beauty businesses would go out-of-business.
2. Acne/spots would be a thing of the past
Because anime characters have PERFECT skin. Both anime boys and girls.
So the “beauty” industry would become irrelevant.
3. Guys would be seen “accidentally” falling into girls breasts
Anime is kind of cliche like that sometimes. So this shouldn’t surprise anyone who’s a fan of anime.
4. Guys would have their own harems, despite having “poor” personalities
Like the last point, anime is cliche sometimes. So almost every guy on earth would have his own harem.
Funny thought isn’t it?
5. All anime girls would have “stereotypical” body types
Let’s be honest, anime girls have slim, thin, or “hot” bodies 99% of the time. According to stereotypes.
Animators tend to design them that way. So there’d be no need for girls to feel jealous of others.
6. We’d have multiple worlds that play by their own rules
Some worlds would be ruled by harems. Others would be ruled by the use of magic.
And then you’d have worlds ruled by Saiyans and Gods like in DBZ.
Plus worlds ruled by cute girls like Yui Hirasawa, or Titans like the anime: Attack on Titan.
Everyone would be in their own little world with their own problems, challenges, or no problems at all.
7. Everyone would have their own natural hair color
Blue, purple, green, yellow, red, brown, black, gold, pink, white…
Or a mixture of black/red, yellow/green and whatever else we tend to see in anime.
8. We’d be able to win wars and battles with the power of “friendship”
Sorry, Fairy Tail. I love the anime to death but it has to be said.
If the world became an anime, all you’d need to win is the cliche of “friendship” to succeed.
Logic or skill may not even be needed in a situation like that.
9. We’d no longer need to rely on “wishful” thinking
Why? Because in the world of anime, if you wish and believe hard enough, miracles can literally fall from the sky.
Or in your lap. In the form of a hot girl in some cases.
Like the anime series: Heavens Lost Property.
10. We’d refer to each other as “Tsundere, Yandere, Dandere” and so on
No explanation is necessary here.
11. Kids would be super-powerful warriors and mages
Imagine walking down the street and noticing your kids or little cousins are flying in the sky.
Or shooting magic from the palm of their hands. Or worse, destroying sh** with their supernatural powers…
Good luck with trying to help them, especially if they’re misfits and delinquents.
12. We could possibly live forever or be brought back to life
With something like the dragon balls, anything is possible, right?
But then again, that would cause it’s own problems. Because people would get greedy and try wishing for something menacing and dangerous.
13. We would have traveled to dozens of planets via high-tech spaceships by now
Ever watched Dragon Ball Z? Then you know how easy it is for them to travel the universe with their high-tech spaceships.
This would finally be a reality for all of us. A reality that would soon become common and mundane.
14. The wind would “conveniently” flip up your skirt if you’re a girl
And that would be embarrassing.
Especially if “Senpai” is standing right in front of you when it happens….
15. We’d have all kinds of races
Bunny girls, cat girls, frog guys, horse men…
Namekians like Piccolo from DBZ… And WHO KNOWS what else.
Anime is brimming with a limitless amount of races after all.
16. If you walked into a bathroom…
That’s right, you’d “accidentally” find a hot naked girl who’s an airhead.
Or worse, she’s a Tsundere who’s ready to do some serious damage.
17. We’d constantly yell, scream and shout while fighting
You know, like Goku from DBZ. or Natsu from Fairy Tail.
Or like how almost every “male” anime character tends to do with superhuman strength…
18. We’d all know how to speak Japanese fluently
If you watch enough “sub” anime shows, it’s bound to rub off on you, right?
In the same way, if the world became an anime, we’d naturally know how to speak Japanese.
19. We’d all play the roles of main characters, support characters, and villains
But wouldn’t that mean we’d lose our “free” will? Who knows.
Who’s to say it would even work out that way. We assume something similar would happen though.
20. We’d all have freaky, weird, stylish and impossible hair styles
Kind of like Ritsuko from the anime: Shiki.
And dozens of other anime characters with wild hairstyles that defy the laws of gravity and physics…
21. Girls would call guys “perverts” and them punch them for no good reason
Can you add anymore to this list?
What do you think would happen if anime were real?